Friday, September 16, 2011

Plain, Simple & Easy = Comfy Socks


OKAY! I give up ---- if the ENTIRE KNITTING WORLD can knit socks, then so can I. So I did just that. Picked up my DPN's & knit the dumb pink socks. I'll use the pattern again, only less bulky yarn.  Comfy for lounging around inside, not shoes.
  

Aren't they just precious.  So very pink. So very plain & simple, even I could follow & understand the directions.  The pattern was straightforward & understandable, even for me, a fearful, sock-challenged knitter (up until now). The free pattern, from Knitting on the Net, is called:  Easy Beginner Sock Pattern 


I used my 2nd skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Dusty Pink, a worsted weight inexpensive yarn. I made the cabled hat (a gift) earlier this year in pink, also in gray & mushroom.  I followed the pattern...and gasp! they turned out fine. They fit me. They look like real SOCKS! I brought them in to work to show all my co-workers (and they were mighty impressed as well they should be). My foot is a US size 9 and they are perfect. I didn't modify the pattern in the least.


Needle: US 7.0  - 4.5 mm
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids & Heathers 
Worsted / 10 ply    80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
Gauge: 18.0 to 20.0 sts = 4 inches
How much: 1 skeins = 197.0 yards (180.1m)
Colorway:  Dusty Pink