Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hempathy Kerchief

A perfect little scarf for Arizona weather!  I'm pleased overall with the casual & rustic linen & lace look. 

Hempathy is a nice weight for hot climates, love the hemp & cotton drape in this little kerchief.

Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy
Weight:     DK / 8 ply
Content:    41% Cotton, 34% Hemp, 25% Rayon












After some serious blocking, it measured 56” across and 20” deep…

The Clara Parkes free pattern (below) is great for a beginner, as I'm still learning triangular shawl-making.  However, the flexible bind-off is just a little tedious! The straightforward instructions are easy to modify.


I call this:  Hempathy Kerchief
Pattern:   One-Skein Shawl by Clara Parkes



Needle:         US 6 - 4.0 mm
Yarn Used:    Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy
How much:    1.8 skeins = 275.4 yards (251.8m)
Colorway:      Pale Silver/Gray 34
Size:               20" x 56"


 A Light and airy scarf, I achieved what I had in mind, mostly---it did get a little tedious so I stopped sooner than I probably should have, for size. A little bigger would have been better, and wish I used 7 or 8 needle instead of 6. Another learning experience!