Sunday, February 26, 2012

Honey Cowl Finished


LOVE my new cowl!   The yarn is ever so soft, a dream to knit with. The bright blue-ish purple is one of my favorite colors.  

The pattern is by Madelinetosh.
It's called: Honey Cowl

I used 4 skeins (480 yds/439.9m) of:
Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (8ply) 
55% merino 33% microfiber 12% cashmere
Color: Ultramarine 18036

Needles:
US 8 (5.0) circular 32"
US 9 (5.5) circular 32"
Finished size: 10" deep X 50" round


I modified the pattern:  
CO 220 stitches
K one round with size 8 needles.
Then I started pattern with size 9 needles.
When it was almost the depth I wanted, I knit the final 6-8 rounds, so that only one edge would curl.
Cast off as usual with the size 9 needles.


I like it worn both ways, long and draping, or wrapped twice to keep my neck warm. I especially like the purple color against the red tee. I was able to wear it once to work, weather in Arizona being a little too warm for wool cowls. No matter, plenty of months to wear it next winter.