Sunday, March 28, 2010

Projects & Yarn & Unfinished Projects

And never enough time, ever.  oh well. I managed to buy more yarn, of course :) always enough time for that! My favorite LYS has a stack of Sports Illustrated & comfortable chairs. Dad's happy to sit & read while I browse & buy. Perfect! I acquired 12 balls of Rowan Cotton Jeans in a lovely dark navy with little specks. No idea what it'll become, but enough for a top.

My desire for a thick, home-made hotpad prompted this little group:  Cotton Kitchen Set in Seed Stitch
I experimented with 4, 3 & 2 strands of various Pisgah kitchen cotton in natural, held together on either 8, 9 or 10 needles & all in seed stitch. 
The little scrubby in front was 2 strands on size 8 needles, then used a sewing needle & tulle/net to stitch over, for added scrubbiness.

The Sunshine Baby Blanket, still a WIP.  Slow going & boring, but...!!!  A reversible pattern, which I like in a blanket. The Bernat Cottontots is so soft. The pattern is from Project Linus, the Sideways Shell Baby Blanket - see pattern on sidebar.

My other project in progress is the Ribbed Knit Top.
First clothing project (for me) and the basic rib is getting boring. Pattern is free from Lion Brand, will add. Yarn is Arucania Cotton.

And lastly, this worthless &%#$@ Knit Prayer Shawl
It'll never be finished, as far as I'm concerned. I always find something else to do.  Maybe I will start praying?
Pattern is one of the free prayer shawls from Lion Brand patterns and using Homespun, which I don't like either - but was a request from a co-worker & so was the yarn. yuk.